The Role of NSNU
The staff and leadership of the NSNU are committed to ensuring that the workload reporting process is understood by the membership and used effectively to address workplace concerns. In particular, the NSNU commits to the following:
- prepare resource material and provide support to the membership on the workload reporting system
- assist and support the members to continue to complete the CCRs, compile necessary information and refine recommendations as needed
- ensure the recommendations reflect the solution(s) to the problems identified by members
- gather evidence to support member concerns, including data from the nursing colleges and various nursing/health care associations
- help ensure timelines for the issue are met (as per the collective agreement)
- act as liaison between member and management in setting up meetings, etc.