A sum of $1,500 per region per year is available for
Education. Unused funds are not carried forward into the next fiscal
year. To qualify for the financial assistance, the following criteria must be met:
- The grant must be used for Educational Workshops, Seminars or
original certificate programs or courses related to a member's job.
- These funds are to help defray the cost of registration fees for workshops or seminars.
- A committee of three members is to be established in each region.
The committee shall determine who will receive financial assistance. The
Chair may be someone other than the regional representative.
- On the 15th of each month, the Chair will review with the Committee
members, any application(s) received. Those applying for assistance from
the financial assistance fund should send their name, name of Local,
address, name of Workshop, including a description or outline of the
workshop, to the regional chair of the committee.
- The Financial Assistance Committee requires the member to submit receipts to the Chair.
Contact your regional bursary committee member to apply for a bursary.